IF I DIDN'T MAKE THAT CLEAR.
WE SHALL START AT DAWN.
NO, WE SHALL START NOW.
NO, WE HAVE ALREADY STARTED.
Er, welcome to my Nuzlocke. May this bring you slight satisfaction. Slight.
1) Catch only the first Pokemon in each route. If it faints or flees, too bad. This rule comes into effect once I get Pokeballs.
>>>>1a) Dupe Clause in effect. I cannot catch any dupes. Dupes count as Pokemon registered in the Pokedex.
>>>>1b) Shinies can be caught without consequences.
2) If my Pokemon faints, it's dead and must be boxed in the "Death..." box.
- Start game as the male. Named myself Drake.
- Names rival Josh.
- Start game.
- CHIMCHAR GET! Steve, the male Chimchar was obtained! Let's see your sta-
Timid? TIMID?! /sigh/ At least speed is raised...
- Caught Drew, the Naive natured Male Starly on Route 201.
- Caught PewDeePie, the Modest natured Female Bidoof at Verity Lake.
- Caught Mr. Charge, the Rash natured Male Shinx on Route 202.
- Realizes that Kricketot can be found on Route 202 also. Proceeds to rage at the fact.
- GRINDING TIME! We're totally gonn-
Drew? Speak to me.
- Boxed Drew in the "Death..." box. You were a brave soul, my friend. I really wanted to take you to the top as a Staraptor. But... that damn Bidoof got a crit. In fact, you were at 12 HP, and the Bidoof's tackle could only do four normally, so I thought it'd do eight as a crit. It not only got a crit that turn, but it did triple damage. It was my fault... I wasn't thinking about crits clearly... I-I'll miss you Drew. You were among the greatest of Starly. /salutes/
- Gets to Jubilife, does what I need to do, and goes to Route 218 and uses the Old Rod. Caught Corey, the Hardy natured Male Magikarp. Trust me on this, raising it to level twenty is totally worth it, especially end game against Cynthia. (Immune to her Garchomp's Earthquake, access to moves like Avalanche, is a tank and can hit harder than ever.)
- Got the Poketch.
- Even after five times of playing Platinum, I was still royally surprised to be battled by Josh once I got to the new route. BATTLE COMMENCE!
- Beat his Starly (Drew...) easily, now it's time for Piplu- Wait...
Steve can't battle it, since PIPLUP knows Bubble now.
Corey can't, since his only move is Splash.
Mr. Charge only knows Tackle and Leer.
PewDeePie only knows Tackle and Growl.
I'm screwed. Noooooooo-
But possibly yes!
- Go, PewDeePie! Use Growl!
- PIPLUP used Growl!
- Silly, spazzy, punctuate-for-emphasis (EMPHASIS) Josh, you fail to realize one thing...
I don't plan on attacking with PewDeePie.
- The foe PIPLUP's attack can't go lower!
- Go! Mr. Charge! Use Leer!
- PIPLUP used Growl!
- Mr. Charge used Leer! The foe PIPLUP's defense can't go lower!
- Return Mr. Charge! Go, PewDe-
... S-Steve? No, it's too dangerous. Bubble's a special attack, which only Piplup's attack is down.
... Are you sure you can do this?
... Fine, but just one turn.
- Quite literally K.O's Piplup in one hit, while only being one level higher.
- Awesome, we're gonna get a catch on the route east of Jubilife. But most of the Pokemon found there are all dupes, so I can only catch Abra or Kricketot.
... An Abra appeared... Oh well, they're nice. /chucks Pokeball/
- Aw! It appeared to be caught!
- Wild Abra fled!
- Well, there goes that catch. And, honest to Arceus, the very next encounter? Kricketot... ;^;
- I'm on the road, to Oreburgh City. I'm on the r- uh... apparently, a hiker gave me HM06. Whee~ Obtained HM06: Rock Smash!
- Caught Topanga, the Naive natured (Drew was Naive too...) Female Geodude in Oreburgh Gate!
- Arrived in Oreburgh, talked to Josh, then headed for the mine.
- Caught Shawn, the something natured (It's in the box, so I don't know it) Male Zubat in Oreburgh Mine!
- Talked to Roark, left the mine, and went to Route 207.
- Caught MUSCLES, the Mild natured Male Machop.
- GRINDING. /Later/ Okay MUSCLES, you'll be curbstomping this gym, but you're only level ten. Can you make it?
- MUSCLES proceeds to beat the two gym trainers, getting to level 12.
- Roark would like to battle! Roark sent out GEODUDE!
- lolCurbstomp (Leveled up to level 13)
- Roark sent out Cranidos!
- Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. I know Cranidos doesn't know any rock type moves, but Pursuit and Headbutt would hurt MUSCLES. One hit oughta do it!
- Low Kick=Cranidos at yellow-almost red-HP. And that headbutt did almost half of MUSCLES' health.
M-MUSCLES? C-Can you do it?
... OK MUSCLES... I trust you... Now go on and win.
- CRANIDOS used Headbutt! (Oh no...)
MUSCLES? /MUSCLES is lying on the ground/ Oh Arceus... /Drake turns away/
- Roark sent out ONIX!
- Wait, what? /looks back to see MUSCLES at red health. He beat the Cranidos! (And leveled up)/
MUSCLES, you're so awesome~
- Curbstomp the Onix, leveled up to 15!
- Obtained the COAL BADGE!