Bramble Gamers

Page Views

Hit Counter

Latest topics

» A Proper "Goodbye" (And some explaining)
Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:07 pm by brandon_g

» New link doesnt work :(
Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 pm by brandon_g

» New Forum!
Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:35 pm by Fluncher

» This site needs a makeover.
Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 am by FCSNAKE

» I'm here... again.
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 am by xLight

» Crits... Crits Everywhere
Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm by FCSNAKE

» mnk;uhjihkih aaagaggagaga
Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 pm by FCSNAKE

» Official New SSB4 Character Discussion
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm by Dan1592

» Pokemon black and white 2 coming to Japan soon
Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:14 am by FCSNAKE

» Hydro's Emerald Nuzlocke Journal
Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:57 pm by brandon_g

Twitter Feed

Affiliates

Top posters

Ulqi-chan (3875)

FCSNAKE (3495)

Applejack (3141)

Kotaru (3029)

Hero (2937)

Hydrocannon2727 (1790)

Bramblefang (1725)

Okami (949)

Fluncher (908)

Whitemoon (785)

Pokemon HG/SS Gym Leader Guide ~ Part 2: Bugsy, The Walking Bug Pokémon Encyclopedia

Bramblefang
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

<b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Homogoblin's Minion
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 1725

Pokemon HG/SS Gym Leader Guide ~ Part 2: Bugsy, The Walking Bug Pokémon Encyclopedia

Post by Bramblefang on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:31 am

Pokemon HG/SS Gym Leader Guide
    Part 2: Bugsy, The Walking Bug Pokémon Encyclopedia

Azalea Gym

"Welcome to the Azalea Gym! Please do not be creep out by the abnormally huge spiders. They aren't real you bastards.

Navigating The Gym
    Taking the far left spider for the first half will lead you to the second half of the gym. Taking the middle one leads you to a trainer and the far right one leads you to nowhere.

Now, we're in the second half of the gym. Do not pull the blue lever unless you want to battle the Bug Catcher. If not, just ride on the spider. You will go to the area where the twins are. Defeat them and pull the blue lever next to them. Ride the spider and you'll end up where the red lever is. Pull it and ride the spider to Gym Leader Bugsy!

Trainers

Bug Catcher Al

"I will become a Pokemon Master! I don't need evolve my Pokemon to become one! Hahaha"
    - Caterpie - Level 12
    - Weedle - Level 12

Gained 192!

After Defeat
    "Hm. Maybe I should let my Pokemon evolve."

Bug Catcher Benny

"I will only train Weedle and it's evolutions. My Weedle family is going to pwn you!"

- Weedle - Level 7
    - Kakuna - Level 9
    - Beedrill - Level 12

Gained 192!

After Defeat
    "Maybe I should start training Caterpies..."

Bug Catcher Josh

"The Bug Type is the strongest type there is and I'll show you now!"

- Paras - Level 13

Gained 208!

After Defeat
    "Gr... How did you win? Wait! I know! You're using Action Replay you big fat cheater D:"

Twins Amy & Mimi

"Who's this guy?" - "I don't know Amy." - "I don't know either...let's kick him out of our gym!"

- Ledyba - Level 10
    - Spinarark - Level 10

Gained 320!

After Defeat
    "MOMMY!!! THIS GUY IS BEING MEAN TO US!!!"

Gym Leader Bugsy
    I'm Bugsy! I never lose when it comes to Bug-type Pokémon. My research is going to make me an authority on Bug-type Pokémon! Let me demonstrate what I've learned from my studies.

VS
    VS

"My name is Bugsy & I specialize Bug type Pokemon! Get it? ...It's a pun...it's not suppose to be funny..."

Scyther ~ Level 17

"I better finish you off quick...my comrades aren't that reliable in battle"

Type
    Bug/Flying

Weaknesses
    Flying, Rock, Fire, Ice, & Electric Type Moves

Resistant Against
    Fighting, Bug, & Grass Type Moves

Ability
    Technician ~ Powers up the Pokémon's weaker moves.

Item

Sitrus Berry

Moves

Quick Attack - Normal - Physical
    ~ The user lunges at the foe at a speed that makes it almost invisible. It is sure to strike first.

Leer - Normal - Status
    ~ The user lunges at the foe at a speed that makes it almost invisible. It is sure to strike first.

Focus Energy - Normal - Status
    ~ The user takes a deep breath and focuses to raise the critical-hit ratio of its attacks.

U-Turn - Bug - Physical
    ~ After making its attack, the user rushes back to switch places with a party Pokémon in waiting.

Review
    Looks like Bugsy is starting out with his power house. If you let yourself be exposed by Leer & Focus Energy a few times and let Scyther live, Bugsy's team will destroy that Pokemon. If Scyther is getting weak, Bugsy can use U-Turn to send out a fresh new Pokemon. Hopefully Scyther won't use Leer on you before doing that. Maybe you can do something about her type disadvantages.....

Metapod ~ Level 15

"Nintendo...GameFreak..whoever made my moveset...WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?"

Type
    Bug

Weaknesses
    Flying, Rock & Fire Type Moves

Resistant Against
    Grass, Ground, & Fighting Type Moves

Ability
    Shed Skin ~ The Pokémon may heal its own status problems.

Moves

Tackle - Normal - Physical
    ~ A physical attack in which the user charges and slams into the foe with its whole body.

Review
    Yep. That's all for Metapod. Hopefully your Pokemon didn't get exposed to a lot of Leer's back there with Scyther or else Metapod will be a bit stronger. Still, if you can't beat it stop playing Pokemon.

Even though it's my last Pokémon, Bug Pokémon are tough!

Kakuna ~ Level 15

"I gave a lot of people food poisoning on accident Sad I did it to Bugsy too. I think he's going to kick me out of his team soon."

Type
    Bug/Poison

Weaknesses

Flying, Rock, Fire, & Psychic Type Moves

Resistant Against
    Fighting, Poison, Bug, & Grass Type Moves

Ability
    Shed Skin ~ The Pokémon may heal its own status problems.

Hang in there! Just a little more!

Moves
    Poison Sting - Poison - Physical
    ~ The foe is stabbed with a poisonous barb of some sort. It may also poison the target.

Review
    Just like Metapod, Kakuna is pretty helpless. The only difference is the type of move & it's status effect. Poison is a deadly thing. It damages you every turn. Just do the same thing you did with Metapod and you're sure to win.

Kakuna Fainted

Aw, that's the end of it...

Gained 1800!

After Defeat
    Whoa, amazing! You're an expert on Pokémon! My research isn't complete yet. OK, you win. Take this Badge.

Do you know the benefits of the Hive Badge? If you have it, Pokémon up to Lv. 30 will obey you, even traded ones. Pokémon that know Cut will be able to use it outside of battle, too.

Here, I also want you to have this.

Obtained TM89!

TM89 contains U-turn. It lets your Pokémon attack, then switch with the next Pokémon in your party. Isn't that great?

Bug-type Pokémon are deep. There are many mysteries to explore. Study your top choices thoroughly.

◄◄◄Falkner
    Whitney►►►

Hi Guest.
    Spoiler:
    You Lost The Game

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:51 pm