Bramble Gamers

Page Views

Hit Counter

Latest topics

» A Proper "Goodbye" (And some explaining)
Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:07 pm by brandon_g

» New link doesnt work :(
Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 pm by brandon_g

» New Forum!
Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:35 pm by Fluncher

» This site needs a makeover.
Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 am by FCSNAKE

» I'm here... again.
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 am by xLight

» Crits... Crits Everywhere
Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm by FCSNAKE

» mnk;uhjihkih aaagaggagaga
Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 pm by FCSNAKE

» Official New SSB4 Character Discussion
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm by Dan1592

» Pokemon black and white 2 coming to Japan soon
Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:14 am by FCSNAKE

» Hydro's Emerald Nuzlocke Journal
Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:57 pm by brandon_g

Twitter Feed

Affiliates

Top posters

Ulqi-chan (3875)

FCSNAKE (3495)

Applejack (3141)

Kotaru (3029)

Hero (2937)

Hydrocannon2727 (1790)

Bramblefang (1725)

Okami (949)

Fluncher (908)

Whitemoon (785)

Rate My Team Please

Hero
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

<b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Doing some spriting
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 2937

Rate My Team Please

Post by Hero on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:30 pm

I just developed a team a few days ago and I want your opinion on it like what I should do about it.

Bronzong@Shell Bell
    Calm Nature
    252 HP Evs/126 Defence Evs/126 Sp.Defence Evs

Rain Dance
    Reflect
    Safeguard
    Light Screen

Ninetails@Charcoal
    Timid nature
    252 Sp.Attack Evs/210 Speed Evs/42 Sp. Defence Evs

Energy Ball
    Flamethrower
    Sunny day
    Will-O-Wisp

Blissey@Leftover
    Relaxed Nature
    252 HP Evs/252 Defence Evs/4 Sp. Defence Evs

Aromatherapy
    Healing Wish
    Thunder wave
    Attract

Gengar@Life Orb
    Modest Nature
    252 Sp. Attack Evs/252 Speed Evs/4 Defence Evs

Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden power (Fire)
    Hypnoises

Feraligatrl@Splash Plate
    Adamant Nature
    252 Attack Evs/252 Speed Evs/4 Defence Evs

Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Avalanche
    Earthquake

Snorlax@Leftover
    Impish Nature
    252 HP Evs/150 Defence Evs/ 74 Attack Evs

Curse
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Brick Break
    Okami
    Para-Goomba
    Para-Goomba

<b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Meh
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 949

Re: Rate My Team Please

Post by Okami on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:34 pm

In a 1 out of 10, I give it a 7.

Kotaru
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

<b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Ninja Art...One thousand years of death
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 3029

Post by Kotaru on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:01 pm

For me it would be 9/10 pretty good.

Hero
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

Post by Hero on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Icera wrote:In a 1 out of 10, I give it a 7.

ShadoMario wrote:For me it would be 9/10 pretty good.

Any other opinions?
    SilentVerse
    Spinning Koopa Shell
    Spinning Koopa Shell

<b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : is so ECCENTRIC
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 345

Post by SilentVerse on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Pretty nice team hero44! I'm going to suggest a few changes, but I'll try not to make too many changes.

First of all, give Bronzong Light Clay as it's held item. Extending the time Light Screen and Reflect are up is very important. Then, give him Explosion over either Rain Dance or Safeguard. This allows Bronzong to heavily damage one member of the opposing team, and it lets you switch in one of your Pokemon immediately with both Light Screen and Reflect up. You could also then replace either Safeguard or Rain Dance with Stealth Rock, which will help your Pokemon KO some Pokemon after they switch in.

Secondly, Ninetales and Feraligatr could have their movesets tweaked a bit. Feraligatr probably wants Ice Punch over Avalanche if you can manage it, since it's stronger for the most part, and iirc, Avalance will make Feraligatr go last most of the time, which is the last thing you want. Ninetales then wants Nasty Plot over Sunny Day so he can use the Light Screen and Reflect that Bronzong provides to obtain a couple of boosts. If you can manage it, Hidden Power Rock should go over Will-O-Wisp for better type coverage. However, if you aren't willing to try getting that (since it's pretty difficult), Hypnosis is a decent option. Also, give both of them a Life Orb for extra power. If you dislike the loss of HP, Leftovers is a decent alternative.

Blissey needs a couple of tweaks. Softboiled should go over Attract definitely. This allows Blissey to survive longer, and plan out exactly when you want to use Healing Wish. A Bold Nature might be a better choice as well, but it doesn't really matter all that much.

Gengar's moveset looks fine for the most part. You may wish to give him Protect, or Pain Split over Hypnosis though. Protect lets him scout for stuff like Pursuit and Bullet Punch, which could end Gengar. Pain Split, on the other hand, gives him some recovery to make up for Life Orb recoil.

Finally, Snorlax's moveset looks pretty decent too. Replace Brick Break with Return or Body slam, since you want the STAB boost that those attacks have. You may also want to replace Sleep Talk with Fire Punch so you can hit Steel and Ghost types, but it leaves you vulnerable while you're asleep. You could also try giving him a Careful Nature and put those Defense EVs into Special Defense. Curse is already boosting your Defense, so it's kinda redundant to pour those EVs into Defense.

In any case, good luck with your team! I hope my suggestions will help.
    Hero
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

Post by Hero on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks, in fact, I may make some changes right now.
    Okami
    Para-Goomba
    Para-Goomba

<b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Meh
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 949

Post by Okami on Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Well, some of the movesets could use some tweaks, but it is a good team and some nice strategies and movesets in that team.

FCSNAKE
    Mouser
    Mouser

<b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : A raging fire becomes a dying ember!
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 3495

Post by FCSNAKE on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:20 am

Its pretty good. 9/10
    and if you cant do what SV said since maybe you already evd them you can replace curse with belly drum and you can regain the health with the leftover i would suggest also teaching it yawn so you can stall a little so you can regain some health(im sure some will switch) brick break should be replaced with another move SV had a good choice.
    Also It might not be your style but you could try teaching bronzong trick room which will help snorlax since hes slow(but it also affects the fast ones), and at least teach it a attacking move like replace safeguard with earthquake(your choice) and rain dance does help feraligatr but it can also hurt ninetails and sunny day can help ninetales but lowers water types damage..
    With gengar if your going to keep bronzongs rain dance you can try and teach it thunder because it wont miss and its powerfull. maybe try teaching a fighting move since its weak agaisnt dark(just an opinion the moveset is good)
    Like SV said ice punch is a better move than avalanche for feraligtr(the move are good it covers electric and grass)
    Blissey is pretty good, combination of attract and a t-wave is really annoying but its really helpful XD but softboil would help but it kind of replaces healing wish but eh..
    With ninetails will-o-wisp is good but it gots low accuracy and you have a chance to get a burn with flamethrower maybe replace it with another status move,sunny day is good but i think maybe a diff move ,its your desicion

I are Have confusion!

"I became a criminal because I did not want to become a victim"
    "I turned to a life of crime because i came from broken families"
    Hero
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

Post by Hero on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:47 am

Thanks for your opinion and by the way, I can always take away the Evs I put into them using the Ev berrys.
    Hydrocannon2727
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

<b>Posts</b> Posts : 1790

Post by Hydrocannon2727 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:38 pm

I also want to suggest some Nature changes, which will require some work. First off, both Ninetails and Gengar both need either Bold, or Adamant Natures for their purposes. I would get rid of the Splash Plate on Feraligatr, and get another Item, perhaps a Expert Belt, etc. that boosts every move, instead of the one STABed move (Waterfall). I would do the same for Ninetail's Charcoal, and suggests something along the lines of a Scope Lens, as to make sure Hypnosis, which you should swap for Solar Beam, can hit 100% of the time. You should take SV's advice and switch Will-o-Wisp with and HP, but either Grass, or Water, your choice.

SV covered everything else I would've said (though I've never thought of Fire Punch Snorlax).

"Hey Ed, I heard you brought a cute, blonde girl in here to service you."
    ~Maes Hughes

"No, she's just my mechanic, that's all!"
    ~Edward Elric, in response to the above statement
    SilentVerse
    Spinning Koopa Shell
    Spinning Koopa Shell

Post by SilentVerse on Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Hydrocannon2727 wrote:I also want to suggest some Nature changes, which will require some work. First off, both Ninetails and Gengar both need either Bold, or Adamant Natures for their purposes. I would get rid of the Splash Plate on Feraligatr, and get another Item, perhaps a Expert Belt, etc. that boosts every move, instead of the one STABed move (Waterfall). I would do the same for Ninetail's Charcoal, and suggests something along the lines of a Scope Lens, as to make sure Hypnosis, which you should swap for Solar Beam, can hit 100% of the time. You should take SV's advice and switch Will-o-Wisp with and HP, but either Grass, or Water, your choice.

SV covered everything else I would've said (though I've never thought of Fire Punch Snorlax).

Those Nature choices don't make sense though Question . Bold is (+Def, -Atk), and Adamant is (+Atk, -SpAtk). Timid is better for Ninetales, since it's at a very important speed mark (100 Base Speed is VERY common, so you should at least risk a speed tie), and Modest, while not really all that amazing for Gengar (I'd personally use Timid again, but Modest does give a sizable power boost), is still better than Adamant. Also, Energy Ball would serve as Ninetale's Grass coverage move, so something to hit Fire-types would be preferred (as you said, Water, or Ground or Rock). The other suggestions are perfectly reasonable however, and I could see why you would suggest them.
    Hydrocannon2727
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

Post by Hydrocannon2727 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Woops, well, that proves that you shan't listen to Smogon

~Maes Hughes

Hero
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

Post by Hero on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Yeah because I was wondering: Why give Gengar and Ninetails an Adamant Nature or Bold Nature when that gives them neutrel or hindering disadvantages.
    SilentVerse
    Spinning Koopa Shell
    Spinning Koopa Shell

Post by SilentVerse on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Hydrocannon2727 wrote:Woops, well, that proves that you shan't listen to Smogon

What'cha talking about; the natures on there match the ones that I said =/. Maybe you just mixed up the + and - signs?
    FCSNAKE
    Mouser
    Mouser

Post by FCSNAKE on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:53 pm

hero44 wrote:Thanks for your opinion and by the way, I can always take away the Evs I put into them using the Ev berrys.

Yeah np, looking at that team got me thinking of making one of my own trick room teams since jades was really good I already have a snorlax and a agron...Oh and you learned how to split it in 3 stats? cool i tought you didnt know how to ev.
    lol yeah i think smogon sucks! You shouldnt copy everything smogon says(i never have) and i have never lost to someone who uses a team based off smogon but eh maybe my teams just random XD

I are Have confusion!

Hydrocannon2727
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

Post by Hydrocannon2727 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:47 am

SilentVerse wrote:

What'cha talking about; the natures on there match the ones that I said =/. Maybe you just mixed up the + and - signs?
    Smogon said that for a Ninetails like that you should have a Bold Nature, which I now know isn't right.
    Hero
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

Post by Hero on Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Since when did Smogon say that? It suggests to use a Timid nature.
    SilentVerse
    Spinning Koopa Shell
    Spinning Koopa Shell

Post by SilentVerse on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:15 pm

Hydrocannon2727 wrote:
    SilentVerse wrote:

Smogon said that for a Ninetails like that you should have a Bold Nature, which I now know isn't right.

Just as a heads up, any analysis' that lack an "Overview" section at the top are old, so the content might be inaccurate. I know this because I've actually written a few analysis' for Smogon, and whether or not an analysis has an "Overview" section is a good way to distinguish the age of analysis'. Bold was probably suggested before it was updated slightly before, so you must have remembered that and forgot to check the analysis again for updates (and it should be updated soon).
    Hydrocannon2727
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

Post by Hydrocannon2727 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:15 pm

TY SV. Still, they base their tiers off of Shoddy, which isn't always correct.

~Maes Hughes

FCSNAKE
    Mouser
    Mouser

Post by FCSNAKE on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:44 pm

hero you know how to ev in 3 stats?

I are Have confusion!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:52 pm