Bramble Gamers

Page Views

Hit Counter

Latest topics

» A Proper "Goodbye" (And some explaining)
Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:07 pm by brandon_g

» New link doesnt work :(
Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 pm by brandon_g

» New Forum!
Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:35 pm by Fluncher

» This site needs a makeover.
Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 am by FCSNAKE

» I'm here... again.
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 am by xLight

» Crits... Crits Everywhere
Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm by FCSNAKE

» mnk;uhjihkih aaagaggagaga
Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 pm by FCSNAKE

» Official New SSB4 Character Discussion
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm by Dan1592

» Pokemon black and white 2 coming to Japan soon
Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:14 am by FCSNAKE

» Hydro's Emerald Nuzlocke Journal
Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:57 pm by brandon_g

Twitter Feed

Affiliates

Top posters

Ulqi-chan (3875)

FCSNAKE (3495)

Applejack (3141)

Kotaru (3029)

Hero (2937)

Hydrocannon2727 (1790)

Bramblefang (1725)

Okami (949)

Fluncher (908)

Whitemoon (785)

Pokemon HG/SS Gym Leader Guide ~ Part 1: Falkner, The Elegant Master of Flying Pokemon

Bramblefang
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

<b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Homogoblin's Minion
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 1725

Pokemon HG/SS Gym Leader Guide ~ Part 1: Falkner, The Elegant Master of Flying Pokemon

Post by Bramblefang on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Pokemon HG/SS Gym Leader Guide
    Part 1: Falkner, The Elegant Master of Flying Pokémon

Violet Gym

"Welcome to Violet Gym! Please remain on the glass and do not jump off of this 'safe', hovering maze in the air. Have fun!"

Navigating The Gym
    You have two choices here, take the outside route by walking around the trainers on the glass path or take the middle path and battle the trainers. Taking the middle path is recommended for the Exp.Points.

The Trainers

Bird Keeper Abe

"Hehehe. I have the only Spearow in this gym. It's as strong as Falkner's Pokemon!"
    - Spearow - Level 9

Gained 228!

After Defeat
    "Let me tell you a secret. Falkner can't catch his own Pokemon. He uses his father's instead. Isn't that pathetic?"

Bird Keeper Rod

"My dream is to play baseball with my Pokemon! But I think I'm going to have a problem doing that"
    - Pidgey - Level 7
    - Pidgey - Level 7

Gained 224!

After Defeat
    "Maybe I should specialize Bug Type Pokemon instead...wait, maybe Ghost Type....no, no, no."

Gym Leader Falkner
    I'm Falkner, the Violet City Pokémon Gym Leader! People say you can clip Flying-type Pokémon's wings with a jolt of electricity... I won't allow such insults to bird Pokémon! I'll show you the real power of the magnificent bird Pokémon!

VS

VS

"HAHAHA. My low leveled Pokemon that I borrowed from my dad will defeat you!"

Pidgey ~ Level 9

"I wish I was with Bob...not this guy...his son"

Type
    Normal/Flying

Weaknesses
    Rock, Electric, & Ice Type Moves

Resistant Against
    Bug & Grass Type Moves

Unaffected By
    Ghost & Ground Type Moves

Ability
    Keen Eye ~ Prevents the Pokémon from losing accuracy.

Moves
    Tackle - Normal - Physical
    ~ A physical attack in which the user charges and slams into the foe with its whole body.

Sand Attack - Ground - Status
    ~ Sand is hurled in the foe's face, reducing its accuracy.

Review
    Hopefully you want have a problem with this little Pokemon. If you leveled up your Pokemon pretty well, you shouldn't take much damage from Tackle. I can't say the same when you attack Pidgey. Hopefully it doesn't spam Sand Attack on you before being defeated or else your Pokemon will miss his/her move like a maniac.

The wind is finally with us!

Pidgeotto ~ Level 13

"Do you know why Pidgey is so upset? He knows he won't be in Falkner's Pokemon team after this battle."

Type
    Normal/Flying

Weaknesses
    Rock, Electric, & Ice Type Moves

Resistant Against
    Bug & Grass Type Moves

Unaffected By
    Ghost & Ground Type Moves

Ability
    Keen Eye ~ Prevents the Pokémon from losing accuracy.

We can still fly!

Moves
    Tackle - Normal - Physical
    ~ A physical attack in which the user charges and slams into the foe with its whole body.

Gust - Flying - Special
    ~ A gust of wind is whipped up by wings and launched at the foe to inflict damage.

Roost - Flying - Status
    ~ The user lands and rests its body. It restores the user's HP by up to half of its max HP.

Review
    Whoah This Pidgeotto is four levels higher than Falkner's Pidgey. I swear he was weaker in the original games. Oh well. Tackle should be stronger than Pidgey's Tackle. If it doesn't do that much damage to your Pokemon, you're in a good situation. But if you're using a Bug Type Pokemon, you're going to be blown away by Gust. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT allow Pidgeotto to use Roost that often. It will be so annoying if you can't KO it while it's doing that.

Pidgeotto Fainted

I understand... I'll bow out gracefully.

Obtained 1560!

...For pity's sake! My dad's cherished bird Pokémon... But a defeat is a defeat. All right. Take this official Pokémon League Badge.

Obtained the Zephyr Badge!

This one is the Zephyr Badge. With that Badge, Pokémon, including traded Pokémon up to Lv. 20, will obey you without question. It also enables you to use the hidden move Rock Smash anytime outside of battle.

You also obtained TM51!

By using a TM, a Pokémon will instantly learn a new move. Think before you act - a TM can be used only once. TM51 contains Roost. It restores half the max HP.

There are Pokémon Gyms in cities and towns ahead. Make good use of them! As for your next move... I would suggest Azalea Town.

Bugsy►►►

Hi Guest.
    Spoiler:
    You Lost The Game

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 am