Bramble Gamers

Page Views

Hit Counter

Latest topics

» A Proper "Goodbye" (And some explaining)
Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:07 pm by brandon_g

» New link doesnt work :(
Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 pm by brandon_g

» New Forum!
Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:35 pm by Fluncher

» This site needs a makeover.
Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 am by FCSNAKE

» I'm here... again.
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 am by xLight

» Crits... Crits Everywhere
Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm by FCSNAKE

» mnk;uhjihkih aaagaggagaga
Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 pm by FCSNAKE

» Official New SSB4 Character Discussion
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm by Dan1592

» Pokemon black and white 2 coming to Japan soon
Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:14 am by FCSNAKE

» Hydro's Emerald Nuzlocke Journal
Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:57 pm by brandon_g

Twitter Feed

Affiliates





Top posters

Ulqi-chan (3875)
 
FCSNAKE (3495)
 
Applejack (3141)
 
Kotaru (3029)
 
Hero (2937)
 
Hydrocannon2727 (1790)
 
Bramblefang (1725)
 
Okami (949)
 
Fluncher (908)
 
Whitemoon (785)
 

    Strategies you know?

    Share
    avatar
    Applejack
    Rainbow Dash
    Rainbow Dash

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : ~Heal what has been hurt, change the Fate's design~
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 3141

    Strategies you know?

    Post by Applejack on Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:16 pm

    First topic message reminder :

    This is talking about your pokemon strategies and why yu use it.Give exquisite details,so this can be an even better forum disscussion.

    Can be any strategy-in battle,how to not be spotted by trainers,ev strategies,etc.

    mine in battle;

    Lets say i was battling a roaming pokemon.(lets go with latias) The way i'd try to catch latias is to get a pokemon with a hasty nature and/or a crobat.The are really fast and can learn mean look,wich enables latias to escape.

    Latias knows mist ball,which is super effective on a crobat.Luckly,i get alot of max potions and revives to keep crobat in game. If crobat is defeated,be sure to have another fast pokemon that knows mean look,because the pokemon that used mean look is defeated,so the mean look effect isn't in effect.

    So i use the other pokemon that knows mean look and use mean look.I only need to survive one turn to revive crobat,so my other pokemon must have a strong defence.

    I keep on doing this and i throw pokeballs,ultraballs,etc.

    WARNING:DO NOT USE MASTER BALL.IT IS A WASTE TO DO THAT!!!

    So this is my strategy to catch a roaming pokemon. Remember,this can be any pokemon strategy,so go ahead and post your pokemon strategy! Very Happy
    avatar
    Okami
    Para-Goomba
    Para-Goomba

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Meh
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 949

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Okami on Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:24 am

    I like my Umbreon Lapras Perish Song strategy, I use an Umbreon with Mean Look and Baton Pass, then switch to Lapras (honostly one of my best pokemon, move-wise and stat-wise) and either faint them with Lapras's Surf, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray, or use Perish Song, and since my Lapras has high defenses and HP, it lasts awhile. I either use this in emergencies, finishers, or against fire types.



    avatar
    FCSNAKE
    Mouser
    Mouser

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : A raging fire becomes a dying ember!
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 3495

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by FCSNAKE on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:57 pm

    Hydrocannon2727 wrote:Ha, ha, so true Luis, but we're just pro like that. *Pro Five!* Speaking of Uber-noobs, I just recently destroyed a trainer earlier today who had a Dark Void Darkrai, and I Lum Berry Nidoking-ed that DAMF.
    lol yeah we are beast's XD i love destroying dark void users with my own max speed and sp attack ev trained focus blast user shiny darkrai plus its not hacked.



    I are Have confusion!



    "I became a criminal because I did not want to become a victim"
    "I turned to a life of crime because i came from broken families"
    avatar
    Hydrocannon2727
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 1790

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Hydrocannon2727 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:37 am

    FCSNAKE wrote:
    Hydrocannon2727 wrote:Ha, ha, so true Luis, but we're just pro like that. *Pro Five!* Speaking of Uber-noobs, I just recently destroyed a trainer earlier today who had a Dark Void Darkrai, and I Lum Berry Nidoking-ed that DAMF.
    lol yeah we are beast's XD i love destroying dark void users with my own max speed and sp attack ev trained focus blast user shiny darkrai plus its not hacked.
    Oh yeah!! Put Focus Blast, Max Speed+Attack+Sp.Attack on an Electivire and sweep!

    Anywho, here's a set that I see-and though I am a hypocrite on this particular strategy-and don't like fighting, I still, as I said before, see it all the time:

    Togekiss@ Adamant or something, I have no idea, but it works!
    Item: Leftovers
    ~Thunder Wave
    ~Air Slash
    ~Sky Attack/STAB Flying-Type move
    ~Filler

    Discuss





    "Hey Ed, I heard you brought a cute, blonde girl in here to service you."
    ~Maes Hughes

    "No, she's just my mechanic, that's all!"
    ~Edward Elric, in response to the above statement
    avatar
    Hero
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Doing some spriting
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 2937

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Hero on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:46 pm

    Hydrocannon2727 wrote:
    FCSNAKE wrote:
    Hydrocannon2727 wrote:Ha, ha, so true Luis, but we're just pro like that. *Pro Five!* Speaking of Uber-noobs, I just recently destroyed a trainer earlier today who had a Dark Void Darkrai, and I Lum Berry Nidoking-ed that DAMF.
    lol yeah we are beast's XD i love destroying dark void users with my own max speed and sp attack ev trained focus blast user shiny darkrai plus its not hacked.
    Oh yeah!! Put Focus Blast, Max Speed+Attack+Sp.Attack on an Electivire and sweep!

    Anywho, here's a set that I see-and though I am a hypocrite on this particular strategy-and don't like fighting, I still, as I said before, see it all the time:

    Togekiss@ Adamant or something, I have no idea, but it works!
    Item: Leftovers
    ~Thunder Wave
    ~Air Slash
    ~Sky Attack/STAB Flying-Type move
    ~Filler

    Discuss

    The Filler should probaly be Nasty Plot with a Modest nature obviously. I'm not to sure about Thunder wave when you can replace that with Heat wave. No point of using another STAB flying attack since you already have one So Sky Attack shound be replaced with another reliable move like maybe Aura sphere. I'm pretty tired and lazy right now, so I might have made the wrong suggestions to it .
    Sleep
    avatar
    Hydrocannon2727
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 1790

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Hydrocannon2727 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:00 pm

    hero44 wrote:
    Hydrocannon2727 wrote:
    FCSNAKE wrote:
    Hydrocannon2727 wrote:Ha, ha, so true Luis, but we're just pro like that. *Pro Five!* Speaking of Uber-noobs, I just recently destroyed a trainer earlier today who had a Dark Void Darkrai, and I Lum Berry Nidoking-ed that DAMF.
    lol yeah we are beast's XD i love destroying dark void users with my own max speed and sp attack ev trained focus blast user shiny darkrai plus its not hacked.
    Oh yeah!! Put Focus Blast, Max Speed+Attack+Sp.Attack on an Electivire and sweep!

    Anywho, here's a set that I see-and though I am a hypocrite on this particular strategy-and don't like fighting, I still, as I said before, see it all the time:

    Togekiss@ Adamant or something, I have no idea, but it works!
    Item: Leftovers
    ~Thunder Wave
    ~Air Slash
    ~Sky Attack/STAB Flying-Type move
    ~Filler

    Discuss

    The Filler should probaly be Nasty Plot with a Modest nature obviously. I'm not to sure about Thunder wave when you can replace that with Heat wave. No point of using another STAB flying attack since you already have one So Sky Attack shound be replaced with another reliable move like maybe Aura sphere. I'm pretty tired and lazy right now, so I might have made the wrong suggestions to it .
    Sleep
    The whole point of the strategy is use Thunder Wave on your opponent and Flinch-Hax them to death with Air Slash, and it's not actually leftovers, it's a King's Rock. By the by, Sky Attack is simply a filler, as the only two moves it ever needs is Air Slash and T-wave, which wouldn't be very smart to dump them would it?





    "Hey Ed, I heard you brought a cute, blonde girl in here to service you."
    ~Maes Hughes

    "No, she's just my mechanic, that's all!"
    ~Edward Elric, in response to the above statement
    avatar
    Hero
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Doing some spriting
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 2937

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Hero on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 pm

    True, but since Air slash is a special move. It wouldn't be a bad idea to Para-Nasty plot the opponents. Plus, you don't want to gimmick Togekiss with relying on hax. But overall this, nice set I guess depeding on what you want Togekiss going for.
    avatar
    Hydrocannon2727
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 1790

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Hydrocannon2727 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:27 pm

    That's only true





    "Hey Ed, I heard you brought a cute, blonde girl in here to service you."
    ~Maes Hughes

    "No, she's just my mechanic, that's all!"
    ~Edward Elric, in response to the above statement
    avatar
    FCSNAKE
    Mouser
    Mouser

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : A raging fire becomes a dying ember!
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 3495

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by FCSNAKE on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:22 am

    Hydros strategy is used by various people. Its annoying but not much of a problem for me.



    I are Have confusion!



    "I became a criminal because I did not want to become a victim"
    "I turned to a life of crime because i came from broken families"
    avatar
    Hydrocannon2727
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 1790

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Hydrocannon2727 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 pm

    ^ Obviously, it's amazing. =D





    "Hey Ed, I heard you brought a cute, blonde girl in here to service you."
    ~Maes Hughes

    "No, she's just my mechanic, that's all!"
    ~Edward Elric, in response to the above statement
    avatar
    FCSNAKE
    Mouser
    Mouser

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : A raging fire becomes a dying ember!
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 3495

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by FCSNAKE on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:58 am

    exactly so moves shouldnt be changed cause thats a strategy



    I are Have confusion!



    "I became a criminal because I did not want to become a victim"
    "I turned to a life of crime because i came from broken families"
    avatar
    Hydrocannon2727
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 1790

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Hydrocannon2727 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:24 pm

    This also works with Delacatty, but replace Air Slash with Fake Out.





    "Hey Ed, I heard you brought a cute, blonde girl in here to service you."
    ~Maes Hughes

    "No, she's just my mechanic, that's all!"
    ~Edward Elric, in response to the above statement
    avatar
    SilentVerse
    Spinning Koopa Shell
    Spinning Koopa Shell

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : is so ECCENTRIC
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 345

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by SilentVerse on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:19 pm

    Hydrocannon2727 wrote:This also works with Delacatty, but replace Air Slash with Fake Out.

    I'm not sure how this would work? Fake Out only works on the first turn, so it would be impossible to keep flinching with it.

    Anyway, in regards to that strategy, I'd say another good user is Dunsparce. He looks ridiculously cool - I mean, those eyes are just awesome - and has Thunder Wave, Glare or Body Slam to paralyze. Then it has Bite, Headbutt, and Rock Slide as flinching moves with Serene Grace to boot. What's not to like?
    avatar
    Applejack
    Rainbow Dash
    Rainbow Dash

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : ~Heal what has been hurt, change the Fate's design~
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 3141

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Applejack on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:54 pm

    how about this strategy?

    Venusaur

    Min- MinMaxMax+HPAtkDefSpASpDSpe
    80
    -301364-
    82
    180200263289
    83
    181202265291
    100
    212236299328
    100
    212236299328
    80
    176196259284

    function showAdditional(id) {
    more = document.getElementById("more" + id)
    additional = document.getElementById("additional" + id)
    more.style.display = "none"
    additional.style.display = "block"
    }


    ~ Leaf Storm
    ~ Sludge Bomb
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Synthesis
    Timid Nauture
    Tier UU
    This combo of moves is a perfect power hitter/defense combo strategy.Sleep Powder can get a pokemon to sleep if its opponent is a pokemon that can restore health.
    Synthesis can replenish Venusaurs health when its pretty low.
    Leaf storm is very strong against pokemon that don't resist grass type moves. It's basiclly a move that can really pack some damage. However, Venusaur's SP Att will go down 2.
    Sludge bomb, like leaf storm, can also pack a punch to pokemon that dont resist leaf storm. It doesn't have any drawbacks, so thats good.

    I think this strategy should drop one of the dual STAB attacks and put Sunny Day. It can allow synthesis to heal more of Venusaur's health.

    What do you guys think of it?



    It was the first new day of the century
    In one hundred years
    When I felt like I should cry
    I laughed away my tears



    ʇı ɥʇıʍ dɹǝp


    All in all, I'd rather have detention
    All in all, I'd rather eat a toad
    The old man drives like such a klutz
    That I'm about to hurl my guts
    Directly upon the open road
    avatar
    Hero
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Doing some spriting
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 2937

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Hero on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:06 am

    Well lets see...... You didn't set any Ev suggestion so I don't know what you are really going for with the Venasaur. The moveset is okay but I suggest swapping swapping Sludge Bomb or Sleep Powder for earth power so Venasuar doesn't get walled by Heatran or Blaziken although you lose the power to defeat Grass types where as, you should get rid of Sleep Powder. Heres a suggested set to use instead:

    Venasuar

    Item: Leftovers

    Ability: Overgrow

    Nature: Calm or Bold (If your going for Defensive and can still pack a hit)

    Ev Spead: 252 Hp Evs/ 186 Sp. Attack Evs/ 68 Speed Evs (I'm not to sure about this one)

    Moveset:

    ~Energy Ball/Solarbeam (Solarbeam if you want to use this in a sunny day condition)
    ~Earth Power (Only hope against Scizor)
    ~Synthesis/Leech Seed/ Protect/Sleep Powder/ Giga Drain
    (Both Sleep Powder and Protect stalls Leftovers while Leech Seed, and Synthesis work together with it. Giga drain works best with Leech seed in effect.)

    ~Sludge Bomb/ Toxic

    Ya, so overall, I think your stratedgy is okay.
    avatar
    SilentVerse
    Spinning Koopa Shell
    Spinning Koopa Shell

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : is so ECCENTRIC
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 345

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by SilentVerse on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:58 am

    Well, since I primarily play UU (where Scizor, Tyranitar, etc aren't allowed), that set's probably one of the best Venusaur can use. There's few Steel-types barring Registeel, and because Grass-types are so common, Grass and Poison isn't a bad combination. Then, you have Sleep Powder to take out something that Venusaur has troubles with, and Synthesis to keep it living. Overall, it's a very good set.
    avatar
    Applejack
    Rainbow Dash
    Rainbow Dash

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : ~Heal what has been hurt, change the Fate's design~
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 3141

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Applejack on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:04 pm

    See,i found that on smogon and since i have a Venusaur, i wanted to see if training it like that would be good for like a UU battle.
    I'm gonna train my Venusaur right now while i'm still on here.



    It was the first new day of the century
    In one hundred years
    When I felt like I should cry
    I laughed away my tears



    ʇı ɥʇıʍ dɹǝp


    All in all, I'd rather have detention
    All in all, I'd rather eat a toad
    The old man drives like such a klutz
    That I'm about to hurl my guts
    Directly upon the open road
    avatar
    Hydrocannon2727
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 1790

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Hydrocannon2727 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:11 pm

    ^ I prefer Vileplume, but Venasaur is good.





    "Hey Ed, I heard you brought a cute, blonde girl in here to service you."
    ~Maes Hughes

    "No, she's just my mechanic, that's all!"
    ~Edward Elric, in response to the above statement
    avatar
    FCSNAKE
    Mouser
    Mouser

    <b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : A raging fire becomes a dying ember!
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 3495

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by FCSNAKE on Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:15 pm

    I also prefer vileplume but i dont use much grass types i prefer bug.
    I noticed the question and one of my best strategy to evade pokemon is using repels!



    I are Have confusion!



    "I became a criminal because I did not want to become a victim"
    "I turned to a life of crime because i came from broken families"

    Sponsored content

    Re: Strategies you know?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:26 pm