Bramble Gamers

Page Views

Hit Counter

Latest topics

» A Proper "Goodbye" (And some explaining)
Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:07 pm by brandon_g

» New link doesnt work :(
Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 pm by brandon_g

» New Forum!
Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:35 pm by Fluncher

» This site needs a makeover.
Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:07 am by FCSNAKE

» I'm here... again.
Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:59 am by xLight

» Crits... Crits Everywhere
Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:27 pm by FCSNAKE

» mnk;uhjihkih aaagaggagaga
Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:15 pm by FCSNAKE

» Official New SSB4 Character Discussion
Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:03 pm by Dan1592

» Pokemon black and white 2 coming to Japan soon
Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:14 am by FCSNAKE

» Hydro's Emerald Nuzlocke Journal
Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:57 pm by brandon_g

Twitter Feed

Affiliates

Top posters

Ulqi-chan (3875)

FCSNAKE (3495)

Applejack (3141)

Kotaru (3029)

Hero (2937)

Hydrocannon2727 (1790)

Bramblefang (1725)

Okami (949)

Fluncher (908)

Whitemoon (785)

Pokemon HG/SS Gym Leader Guide Part 4: Morty, The Mystic Seer of the Future

Bramblefang
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

<b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Homogoblin's Minion
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 1725

Pokemon HG/SS Gym Leader Guide Part 4: Morty, The Mystic Seer of the Future

Post by Bramblefang on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:23 pm

Pokemon HG/SS Gym Leader Guide
    Part 4: Morty, The Mystic Seer of the Future

Ecruteak Gym

"Welcome to the Ecruteak Gym. We assure you that our gym is 100% safe! It's even safer than the Violet Gym! Now will you er...look away? I need to turn off the lights."

Navigating The Gym
    I guarantee you that this gym is a 100% un-safe. If you haven't went into the gym already, I'll tell you the gym doesn't look like the picture above. It's pretty dark with only a few candles lit and each trainer glowing with some light, but they go out when you defeat the trainer. To get the circle of light back around the trainer, exit the gym and come back in. Unlike the Violet Gym, you can fall off of the maze. You will magically teleport back to the entrance if you do. Other than that, just try to imagine the maze when going around it by using the picture of the gym.

The Trainers

Medium Georgina

"Don't play with fire kids."

- Ghastly - Level 16
    - Ghastly - Level 16
    - Ghastly - Level 16
    - Ghastly - Level 16
    - Ghastly - Level 16

Obtained 768!

After Defeat
    "Are you ready to hear some more fire sayings?"

Medium Grace

"The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns yourself more than them."

- Haunter - Level 20
    - Haunter - Level 20

Obtained 960!

After Defeat
    "I could teach you some Chinese Proverbs right here...right now. What do you say?"

Medium Edith

"Fire in the heart sends smoke into the head."

- Haunter - Level 22

Obtained 1056!

After Defeat
    "Ugh...I think there's a fire starting in my heart. Is there smoke coming out of my head?"

Medium Martha

"Remember kids! Only you can prevent forest fires!"

- Ghastly - Level 18
    - Haunter - Level 20
    - Ghastly - Level 20

Obtained 960!

After Defeat
    "I'M SO MAD THAT I LOST THAT I WANT TO BURN DOWN AN ENTIRE FOREST!!!!!!"

Gym Leader Morty
    It's good of you to have come. Here in Ecruteak, Pokémon have long been revered. It's said that a rainbow-hued Pokémon will come down to appear before a truly powerful Trainer. I believed that tale, so I have secretly trained here all my life. As a result, I can now see what others cannot. I see a shadow of the person who will make the Pokémon appear. I believe that person is me! You're going to help me reach that level!

VS
    VS

"I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!", quote from one of my idols.

Maybe you were wondering why my students (minions...) were holding candles. It's because one day...I plan to meet my idol and that Pokemon who's name is...er... Lugia. My idol's weakness...is fire. I mean come on. Look at a pic of him. His butt is completely frozen in ice."

Ghastly ~ Level 21

"Mmm...you look tasty. Can I just give a lick?"

Type
    Ghost/Poison

Weaknesses
    Ghost, Psychic, & Dark Type Moves

Resistant Against
    Poison, Bug, & Grass Type Moves

Unaffected by
    Normal, Fighting, & Ground Type Moves

Ability
    Levitate ~ Gives full immunity to all Ground-type moves.

Moves
    Mean Look - Normal - Status
    ~ The user affixes the foe with a dark, arresting look. The target becomes unable to flee.

Curse - ??? - Status
    ~ A move that works differently for the Ghost type than for all the other types. The user will lose half of its maximum HP and put a curse on the target. A cursed Pokémon will lose ¼ of its maximum HP at the end of each turn. The user can cause itself to faint.

Spite - Ghost - Status
    ~ The user looses its grudge on the move last used by the foe by cutting 4 PP from it.

Lick - Ghost - Physical
    ~ The foe is licked with a long tongue, causing damage. It may also paralyze the target.

Review
    Ghastly shouldn't be much of a problem for you if your Pokemon are trained pretty well. The only moves I would look out for are Lick & Curse. It'll be annoying if you get paralyzed by this Pokemon...especially since Morty has four Pokemon which is unusually for a gym leader to have this early in the game. It's likely that your Pokemon will lose HP against Ghastly due to Curse unless you KO it quickly so try not to use your main Pokemon if you think you're going to have a hard time beating Morty. Then again you can get lucky and Ghastly will kill himself with Curse.

Haunter ~ Level 21

"Have sweet dreams little kid. My mentor was Darkrai."

Type
    Ghost/Poison

Weaknesses

Resistant Against

Unaffected by

Ability

Moves
    Hypnosis - Psychic - Status
    ~ The user employs hypnotic suggestion to make the target fall into a deep sleep.

Curse - ??? - Status
    ~ A move that works differently for the Ghost type than for all the other types. The user will lose half of its maximum HP and put a curse on the target. A cursed Pokémon will lose ¼ of its maximum HP at the end of each turn. The user can cause itself to faint.

Nightmare - Ghost - Status
    ~ A sleeping foe is shown a nightmare that inflicts some damage every turn.

Dream Eater - Psychic - Special
    ~ An attack that works only on a sleeping foe. It absorbs half the damage caused to heal the user's HP.

Review
    Ugh. Darkrai taught this Pokemon a lot of annoying tricks. The main purpose of this move set is to get your Pokemon to be hit by Hypnosis (It may miss). Then, Haunter should use Nightmare so you take damage every turn you're asleep. He can then use Curse to lower your HP or use Dream Eater to damage you in your sleep and restore HP himself. When your Pokemon wakes up, Haunter will try to use Hypnosis on your Pokemon again until it faints. How to avoid that? Um...using your medical items to wake up your Pokemon? You could also use a speedy Pokemon to get in hits before getting hit by Hypnosis.

Haunter ~ Level 23

"I'm definitely not a clone of my homey."

Type
    Ghost/Poison

Weaknesses

Resistant Against

Unaffected by

Ability

Moves
    ~ The user affixes the foe with a dark, arresting look. The target becomes unable to flee.

Curse - ??? - Status

Sucker Punch - Dark - Physical
    ~ This move enables the user to attack first. It fails if the foe is not readying an attack, however.

Night Shade - Ghost - Special
    ~ The user makes the foe see a mirage. It inflicts damage matching the user's level.

Review
    Phew. He's not an exact clone...and he's not that good of a Pokemon either. Sucker Punch is a priority move and will hit if you decide to attack with your Pokemon on the same turn it uses SP. Night Shadow shouldn't be a problem...it would take about....4+ hits to take down your Pokemon. Just attack this Haunter until it faints.

No, it's not over yet - not yet! I still believe we can do it!

Gengar ~ Level 23

"I am the combination of Morty's Ghastly and two Haunters. Get ready for a real fight!"

Type
    Ghost/Poison

Weaknesses

Resistant Against

Unaffected by

Ability

Item

Sitrus Berry

We've got more discipline than anyone else!

Moves

Hypnosis - Psychic - Status
    ~ The user employs hypnotic suggestion to make the target fall into a deep sleep.

Sucker Punch - Dark - Physical
    ~ This move enables the user to attack first. It fails if the foe is not readying an attack, however.

Shadowball - Ghost - Special
    ~ The user hurls a shadowy blob at the foe. It may also lower the foe's Sp. Def stat.

Review
    Gengar is going to be pretty annoying if he uses Hypnosis on you. Your Pokemon will be open for a lot of Shadowballs....add the possible lowering of the Special Defense Stat & STABS and you pretty much entered the hell of darkness.

Gengar Fainted

How is this possible...

Obtained 2760!

I don't think our potentials are so different. But you seem to have something more than that... So be it. This Badge is yours.

By having the Fog Badge, Pokémon up to Lv. 50, including traded Pokémon, will obey you. Also, Pokémon will be able to use Surf."

Here is another thing... I want you to have this, too. It's Shadow Ball.

Obtained TM30 Shadowball!

It causes damage and may reduce Special Defense. Use it if it appeals to you.

I get it... The person the Kimono Girls were talking about must be you... Never mind. You should be strong enough to go across the sea. When you go west and then south, you'll reach Olivine City. Why don't you head for it?

◄◄◄Whitney

Chuck►►►

Hi Guest.
    Spoiler:
    You Lost The Game

Bramblefang
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

Re: Pokemon HG/SS Gym Leader Guide Part 4: Morty, The Mystic Seer of the Future

Post by Bramblefang on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:13 pm

*Guide Complete*

Hi Guest.
    Spoiler:
    You Lost The Game

Kotaru
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

<b>Custom Title</b> Custom Title : Ninja Art...One thousand years of death
    <b>Posts</b> Posts : 3029

Amazing

Post by Kotaru on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Bramblefang wrote:*Guide Complete*

The croud starts clapping well i give it this is really helpful.I just have one question were do you get all these pics?
    Bramblefang
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

Post by Bramblefang on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Bulbapedia

Hi Guest.
    Spoiler:
    You Lost The Game

Kotaru
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

Ohhh

Post by Kotaru on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:13 pm

Ohhh that is were you get them, so the little place at the bottom left corner that says bulba garden?that place?
    Bramblefang
    Paratroopa
    Paratroopa

Post by Bramblefang on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Yep. It's a Pokemon dictionary. (wiki)

I'm not sure if you've seen the walkthroughs I made on CG...similar to these.
    http://www.cheatsguru.com/nds/pokemon_platinum/walkthrough/2124532.htm is an example of one.

I'm remaking all of them. I'm just starting with SS/HG first.

Hi Guest.
    Spoiler:
    You Lost The Game

Kotaru
    Pirhana Plant
    Pirhana Plant

OH!

Post by Kotaru on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:29 pm

I have already seen them i thumbed them all up.But i did not leave any writing i was kinda new at the time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:07 pm